If you’re not improving, you’re getting left behind. But sometimes it’s difficult to find inspiration to keep improving and it’s easy to fall back on old mindsets like, “If it ain’t broke, why fix it?” So in the interest of helping turn project managers that come across this blog into more excellent people, here are some surefire ways to develop a Growth Mindset:
- Challenge your assumptions about intelligence and ability. The first step to developing a growth mindset is to challenge your assumptions about intelligence and ability. Do you believe that intelligence is fixed or can it be grown? Do you believe that ability is limited or can it be developed? If you believe that intelligence is fixed, then you will likely be more likely to give up when faced with challenges. However, if you believe that intelligence can be grown, then you will be more likely to persevere and learn from your mistakes.
- Embrace challenges and setbacks as opportunities for learning. Challenges and setbacks are a normal part of life. However, how we view them can make a big difference. If we view challenges and setbacks as opportunities for learning, then we are more likely to grow from them. However, if we view them as threats, then we are more likely to give up.
- Focus on effort and process rather than outcomes. When we focus on outcomes, we are more likely to feel discouraged when we don’t achieve our goals. However, when we focus on effort and process, we are more likely to feel motivated and engaged, even when we don’t succeed.
- Learn from your mistakes and setbacks. Mistakes and setbacks are a valuable source of learning. When we make mistakes, we have the opportunity to learn from them and improve our performance in the future.
- Celebrate your successes and the successes of others. Celebrating our successes helps us to feel confident and motivated. Celebrating the successes of others helps us to feel connected and supportive.
By following these tips, you can develop a growth mindset that will help you to achieve your goals and live a fulfilling life.
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn for the latest updates on how we help support our customers!